My husband and I got the chance to go to an orphan care conference over the weekend, along with other families from our church. It is so awesome to be able to learn together with other people in your own town and church family, coming together to get as much information as we can hoping to make a difference and also maybe getting to help educate others around us in the future!
Brad and I actually split up for two of the three electives, which was great, all the more info soak up!
One elective I took was about adopting/helping children with HIV. I've heard of this organization before (Project Hopeful), but when I saw that the founder of Project Hopeful and mother of HIV/AIDS adopted children was leading the class, I decided to go get some info. Before this class, I would have said that I would NEVER even consider adopting a children affected by HIV or AIDS, but now that I have more info, it is definitely not a NO anymore.
There is still so much more that I would like to learn before ever making that kind of decision, but I am so glad that I got the chance to hear her speak and learn a little more about something that I was pretty ignorant about. Here is a commercial her family and organization made hoping to get the word out!
So all in the all, the conference was great! Learned a lot about attachment issues, ways to finance an adoption, what is the church's roll in orphan care, and much more! I look forward to great things coming from our little Central Illinois community and can't to see how God is going to work!


No comments:
Post a Comment